Whatsapp Group –
Daily Current Affairs for Competitive Exams 15th April 2019 | First of all, thanks for landing this post, if you are searching for the Daily Current Affairs 2019 then we must say you are in the right place.
Daily Current Affairs for Competitive Exams 15th April 2019
President Ram Nath Kovind pays homage to CRPF martyrs on 54th Valour Day
- As a tribute to the brave personnel of the Force, 9th April is celebrated as Valour Day in the Force. The President also launched the Veer Parivar App for assistance to the next of kin of the CRPF martyrs.
Different harvest festivals being celebrated in several parts of the country
- President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu have greeted the nation on Vaisakhi, Vishu, Rongali Bihu, Naba Barsha, Vaisakhadi and Puthandu Pirappu.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted people on Baisakhi, Odia New Year Maha Vishuba Sankranti, Tamil New Year Puthandu.
Social Democrats party wins general elections in Finland
- Finland’s leftist Social Democrats have recorded a razor-thin victory in general elections, holding off the far-right Finns Party.
- With 100 per cent of ballots counted, the Social Democrats, led by Antti Rinne, bagged 40 seats in the 200-member Parliament, while the Finns Party picked up 39 seats.
- The National Coalition Party claimed 38 seats, with the ruling Centre Party winning 31 seats. The remaining seats were won by other parties
Abu Dhabi International Book Fair: India nominated as Guest of Honour
- The 29th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF) is all set to receive more than 1000 exhibitors from 50 countries.
- India has been nominated as the “Guest of Honour” country at the Book Fair.
World’s largest plane makes a first test flight
- The world’s largest aeroplane with two fuselages and six Boeing 747 engines made its first test flight in California.
- The mega-jet, called Stratolaunch, carried out its maiden voyage over the Mojave Desert.
- It is designed to carry into space, and drop, a rocket that would, in turn, ignite to deploy satellites.
Business & Economy:
RailTel turns 1600 railway stations into RailWire Wi-Fi zone
- RailWire Wi-Fi by RailTel is now live at 1600 railway stations across the country, with Santacruz railway station in Mumbai becoming the 1600th station to become a RailWire Wi-Fi zone.
Airtel launches My Circle safety app for women
- India’s second largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel and the FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) has launched a safety app My Circle for women which has been designed to help in the event of any distress or panic situation.
Science & technology:
Death of rare turtle leaves 3 remaining in the world
- The only known female member of one of the world’s rarest turtle species has died at a zoo in southern China.
- The animal was one of four Yangtze giant softshell turtles known to be remaining in the world. The Suzhou zoo, where the female turtle lived, also houses a male Yangtze giant softshell turtle.
Oil consuming bacteria found below the ocean
- Scientists have discovered a unique oil-eating bacteria in the Mariana Trench, the deepest part of the earth’s oceans, a finding that may pave way for sustainable ways to clean up oils spills.
- In an expedition, organised by marine explorer and film director James Cameron, researchers collected samples from the trench.
- In the samples, they found microorganisms that eat compounds similar to those in oil and then use it for fuel.
Tiger Woods clinches his fifth Masters
- Golfer Tiger Woods clinched his fifth Masters and a 15th major title, ending 11-year wait for a major title after overcoming career-threatening back problems.
Motor racing: Lewis Hamilton wins Formula One’s 1,000th race
- In motor racing, Lewis Hamilton won the Chinese Grand Prix for a record sixth time.
- He seized the overall lead from his Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas in Formula One’s 1,000th world championship race.
Meena Kumari Maisnam clinches gold in Boxing World Cup
- India finished with 5 medals in the Boxing World Cup which concluded at Cologne, Germany.
- Meena Kumari Maisnam continued her fine run to win gold in the 54 kg.