Whatsapp Group –
Daily Current Affairs for Competitive Exams 5th April 2019 | First of all, thanks for landing this post, if you are searching for the Daily Current Affairs 2019 then we must say you are in the right place.
Daily Current Affairs for Competitive Exams 5th April 2019
Govt sets up tribunal to review ban imposed on Jamaat-e-Islami, JKLF
- The Centre has set up a tribunal, headed by Justice Chander Shekhar of the Delhi High Court, to adjudicate if there exists sufficient cause to ban the Jamaat-e-Islami Jammu and Kashmir (JeI) and the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front-Yasin Malik (JKLF-Y) faction.
UAE confers prestigious Zayed Medal on PM Modi
- The United Arab Emirates has conferred the prestigious Zayed Medal on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the highest decoration awarded to kings, presidents and heads of states.
- The award comes in appreciation of Prime Minister Modi’s role in consolidating the long-standing friendship and joint strategic cooperation between the two countries.
China successfully launches second generation data relay satellite
- China has successfully launched the first of its new-generation data relay satellites into orbit that will provide data relay, measurement and control services for its manned spacecraft.
- The Tianlian II-01 satellite was launched by a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
Nepal-India Franchise Investment Expo and Conclave to be held in Kathmandu from May 15
- Nepal-India Franchise Investment Expo and Conclave will be held in Kathmandu from 15th to 16th May, 2019.
- The event primarily focuses on building the relations between India and Nepal through entrepreneurship development.
- The conclave is organised by Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI) in association with Embassy of India and Franchise India.
Business & Economy:
Vipin Anand assumes charge as new Managing Director of LIC
- Vipin Anand took charge as the Managing Director of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- Anand was appointed as LIC MD by the government last month.
Reliance Jio buys chatbot firm Haptik in Rs 700 crore deal
- Reliance Industries Ltd’s fascination with the startup space continues. And this time, it comes in the form of a strategic investment of Rs 700 crore (about $100 million) in enterprise conversational AI startup Haptik by telecom giant Reliance Jio for around 87 percent stake.
Former Bollywood actress Mayoori Kango is now Google India industry head
- The 90s actress Mayoori Kango, who many might remember as the “Ghar Se Nikalte Hi, Kuch Door Chalte Hi” girl is now industry head in Google India.
- According to media reports, Kango will be leading Google’s engagement with Publicis and DAN.
Science & Technology:
Asiatic wild dogs may soon vanish from their forest homes
- It may not be as charismatic as the tiger, but the Asiatic wild dog or the dhole is an equally adept hunter that is on brink of disappearance from India’s forests.
- A key predator, the declining number of dholes is worrisome because they balance prey populations and are an indicator of a healthy forest ecosystem.
- A recent study by the Bangalore based Centre for Wildlife Studies (CWS) found that the dhole is prone to local extinctions in 37,000 sq km surveyed across Western Ghats.
CCMB scientists make major breakthrough
- Researchers at Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) proclaimed new discovery on new antimicrobial approaches.
- They are studying the cell growth in bacteria and have discovered a new enzyme “Murein EndopeptidiaseK” which would cut the bacteria cell wall.
- The researchers had identified a new enzyme which would act on the protein of cell wall in Escherichia coli (E. coli) that can be a potential drug target.
Over 113 mn people across 53 countries experienced acute hunger last year
- More than 113 million people across 53 countries experienced acute hunger last year, with conflict, climate-related disasters and economic turbulence mainly driving the food insecurity crisis, according to a new joint UN and European Union (EU) report.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), World Food Programme (WFP) and EU Global Report on Food Crises 2019′, shows that the number going chronically-hungry has remained well over 100 million over the past three years, with the number of countries affected, rising.
Carbon dioxide at its highest level in 3 million years: Study
- The levels of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere are higher than ever before in the past three million years, according to a study.
- For the first time, scientists from the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Germany succeeded to do a computer simulation that fits ocean floor sediment data of climate evolution over this period of time.
- The study found that Ice Age onset, and the start of the glacial cycles from cold to warm and back, was mainly triggered by a decrease of CO2-levels.
Earth Hour 2019 theme
- This year’s Earth Hour theme is #Connect2Earth. “Earth Hour 2019 with its campaign ‘#Connect2Earth’ aims to build mass awareness on why nature is important and create an unstoppable movement for nature similar to when the world came together to tackle climate change,”.
Emerging artist award for Vadodra artist Raju Baraiya
- Vadodra-based artist Raju Baraiya has been chosen as the Glenfiddich’s Emerging Artist of the Year 2019.
- The eighth recipient of the honour, Baraiya will represent India at the Glenfiddich Artists in Residence (AiR) programme where he will spend three months at the Glenfiddich Distillery in Scotland with artists from around the world.