Whatsapp Group –
Daily Current Affairs for Competitive Exams 6th April 2019 | First of all, thanks for landing this post, if you are searching for the Daily Current Affairs 2019 then we must say you are in the right place.
Daily Current Affairs for Competitive Exams 6th April 2019
App launched to facilitate elderly voters in Rajouri
- ‘Sahulat’, a mobile app aimed to facilitate voting by elders was launched in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district.
- “The app is designed to aid the old-age voters” only. It is free of cost and can be downloaded from the Google Play store. There are two versions of the app one for the citizen where they can fill in their requirements and other for the officer concerned who can access and provide data regarding necessary arrangements.
Vice President to inaugurate 3-day National Cardiology Conference in Lucknow
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu is visiting Lucknow where he will be the chief guest at National Cardiology Conference 2019 being held at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of medical sciences.
- Vice President will inaugurate the 3-day conference organised by Dept of Cardiology in which leading national and international experts from Europe, USA, Japan, Singapore South Korea, Indonesia and Australia will deliberate on the latest topics of Interventional Cardiology and cutting edge technology.
[bha size=’120×120′ variation=’01’ align=’aligncenter’]
Amal Clooney appointed U.K.’s media envoy
- Amal Clooney has been appointed the U.K.’s special envoy on media freedom, as the U.K. prepares to host an international conference this July in the wake of attacks on journalists across the world.
Business & Economy
Micromax Cofounder Rahul Sharma Launches An AI-Enabled Motorcycle Brand
- Rahul Sharma, the co-founder of Indian phone maker Micromax, has forayed into the electric vehicle space.
- The Micromax veteran has started a new enterprise called Revolt Intellicorp Pvt. Ltd, with plans to launch an artificial intelligence (AI), based motorcycle.
- The proposed AI-enabled motorcycle will have a range of 156.8 km and a top speed of 85km/hr.
BSE, India INX become first Indian exchanges to sign MoU with Moscow Exchange
- BSE (earlier known as Bombay Stock Exchange) and India International Exchange (India INX) have signed a memorandum of understanding with Moscow Exchange (MOEX) to connect investor community and companies in both countries besides allowing a capital formation platform.
- BSE and India INX are the first Indian exchanges to enter into the MoU with Moscow exchange.
Vikram Kirloskar is CII’s new chief
- Vikram Kirloskar, CMD of Kirloskar Systems Ltd., and vice-chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor have assumed office as president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2019-20.
- He takes over from Rakesh Bharti Mittal, vice-chairman, Bharti Enterprises.
- Uday Kotak, founder and MD & CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank, is the president-designate of CII for 2019-20, while T.V. Narendran, CEO & MD of Tata Steel Limited, takes over as CII vice-president for 2019-20.
Murugesh is Nasscom chairman
- IT industry body Nasscom had appointed WNS Global Services Group CEO Keshav Murugesh as its chairman for 2019-20.
- He takes over from his previous role as vice-chairman of Nasscom, succeeding Rishad Premji (Wipro chief strategy officer and board member).
Lakshmi Vilas finds a new home in Indiabulls
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) and Indiabulls Housing Finance (IBHF) boards approved a merger of the two entities.
- The merger would solve LVB’s capital needs as it’s capital adequacy ratio will go up to 20.6%, post the merger, due to the mortgage lender’s strong capital position.
Senior US Treasury official David Malpass selected as President of World Bank
- Senior US Treasury official David Malpass has been selected as President of the World Bank.
- The World Bank’s executive board unanimously selected 63-year-old Malpass as the bank’s 13th President for a five-year term.
- The World Bank President is Chair of Boards of Directors of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and International Development Association.
[bha size=’120×120′ variation=’01’ align=’aligncenter’]
Science & Technology
Sun’s magnetic field is ten times stronger than thought
- A combination of favourable conditions and an element of luck enabled the team to determine the strength of the flare’s magnetic field with unprecedented accuracy.
- The Sun’s magnetic field is ten times stronger than previously believed, according to study which can potentially change our understanding of the solar atmosphere and its effects on Earth.
Kerala forests home to new spider species
- A group of jumping spiders that mostly occurs in Eurasia and Africa has been spotted for the first time in Ernakulam’s Illithodu forests by arachnologists from Kochi’s Sacred Heart College, Thevara.
- The team also found that the spider belonging to the genus (a taxonomic classification above species) Habrocestum is a species new to science.
National Maritime Day of India
- 5th April marks the National Maritime Day of India. On this day in 1919, navigation history was created when SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd., journeyed to the United Kingdom, a crucial step for India shipping history when sea routes were controlled by the British.
Dr Shah Rukh Khan gets an honorary doctorate from the University of Law in London
- After the honorary doctorates from The University of Bedfordshire and The University of Edinburgh, superstar Shah Rukh Khan has received an honorary doctorate in Philanthropy by The University of Law, London.
Traditional New Year festivities being held in several parts of the country
- Traditional New Year festivities are being celebrated in several parts of the country.
- Festivals of Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Cheti Chand, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba are being celebrated with traditional fervour and gaiety.
- In Telangana, people are celebrating Ugaadi across two Telugu states, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh to mark the beginning of the Hindu Lunar calendar. In Maharashtra, Gudi Padwa signifies the welcoming of spring.